Items returned to Battery Technology Inc. without a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number will be refused and returned to sender. All returned items must have the RMA numbers clearly marked on the outside of the package. If you need to return your product, make sure to click and fill out the appropriate RMA form at the bottom of this page.
UPON RECEIPT OF YOUR ORDER
Please inspect all packages and merchandise carefully upon receipt.
Please contact BTI's RMA department by e-mail at email@example.com immediately if any defect or damage is discovered.
Please do not return damaged merchandise without instruction. The shipping company may request to see the condition of the package as it arrived at the delivery site.
Please keep all packaging materials, including interior and exterior containers for possible returns.
For Products Purchased Directly From The BTI Factory Store
- Merchandise purchased directly from the BTI Factory Store may be returned for a refund within the first 30 days from the date of delivery.
- All non-defective merchandise returned within the first 30 days will be charged a restocking fee equal to 20% of the original purchase price.
- Original shipping, handling, and return postage charges will not be refunded.
- A service charge of $15.00 will be incurred, if an order placed by a customer is refused or returned by the shipping carrier for incorrect address. In addition, the customer will be charged for all original shipping, return postage fees and a restocking fee of 20% of the purchase price.
BTI May Accept Returned Defective Product
Defective merchandise may be repaired or replaced if returned within the warranty period as mentioned on the warranty webpage. All returns must be accompanied with a Return Merchandise Authorization number and must be packed with all manufacturer documents, and complete with all accessories. Important: BTI may not issue cash refunds for defective returns; BTI will however repair or provide a replacement part if the merchandise is checked and accepted for return. All returned merchandise must have the BTI Product Model number and Serial number label intact when returned. International customers are responsible for all duties, and customs fees charged by their country and for shipping costs.
Request for Return
Please submit a RMA Request Form to obtain an authorization number (RMA#) to return a BTI product for warranty or refund (refund is only applicable to items purchased directly from the BTI Factory Store). Please contact BTI's RMA Dept. directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Be sure to have the following information available when submitting your product:
- Proof of purchase (i.e. sales receipt, invoice, packing slip, credit card statement).* A copy is needed to be sent by e-mail or FAX.
- Description of problem.
- Product name, model number and serial number.
- Where and when it was purchased.
- Contact information: First and last name, return shipping address, phone/fax number, and e-mail address. *(A proof of purchase is required for warranty purposes).
- Upon receiving of the submitted information, BTI RMA Department will process the request and issue an RMA authorization number, along with shipping instructions to return the merchandise for warranty or refund via email. All returns must be accompanied with a BTI Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and must be packed in the original or equivalent packaging.
- Claimant may send the package via any shipping carrier at their own discretion. Senders are responsible for insuring the returned package against any possible damage and loss with the selected carrier. Senders are also responsible for all return shipping fees.
- Issued RMA numbers will expire after thirty days. A new RMA request will need to be submitted if merchandise is not returned within the 30 day period.
No other express warranty is given and no affiliation of BTI, by word or by action, will constitute a warranty. BTI disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. *BTI's Warranty is limited only to the repair and the replacement of parts and the necessary labor and services required to repair the product and damaged device. In no event shall BTI be liable for incidental consequential, special or indirect damage, including lost business profits, or lost data in your device *
This warranty is void if damaged was cause by accidents, abuse, or have been subjected to neglect, or by modification, alteration or misuse of BTI's products, or by repair performed by anyone other than a BTI's representatives, or if BTI's product serial number has been removed or defaced.
All Packages received without the correct or proper RMA numbers clearly marked on them will be refused and returned to the original sender. NO EXCEPTIONS!
*The disclaimer of the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is not applicable to California. Some states do not allow the exclusions of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. You may have other rights that vary from state to state.
What is the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act?
The Federal Trade Commission Magnuson-Moss Act protects consumers. This act passed in 1975 states tie-in sales provisions are NOT allowed in consumer warranties. Manufacturers cannot require consumers to purchase items or services in order to keep their warranty valid.
Essentially, the act states that a warrantor cannot require the consumer of their product to buy an additional product or service to be used with the original product in order to maintain the original product warranty.
Neither can the manufacturer state that the system warranty is void if other "brands" of peripherals are used.
To read details or better understand the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act rules please visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/warranty.htm#Magnuson-Moss